Finally got that wood together; the wood that I purchased a year ago hoping to get to this project. Needless to say the young man was getting anxious and asking when I was going to build his bed.
So happy to have this done for him.
Lesson learned: Don't stain and poly during the winter season, even if you think you are relatively well ventilated with a few windows open in the basement! (the last of this job will have to wait until spring)
Another build from Ana White - Farmhouse Storage Bed
I left out the drawers since I had cloth bins that fit perfectly.
I may decide to add them later.... not sure.
I also changed the plans to work for a double/full bed.
My son has a small room and a larger bed would have
simply taken up too much space.
Of course, there were some fun issues along the way.
Apparently you should change the queen length wise and width wise. So unfortunately this bed is a few inches too long. Stink!
I also made the headboard too high. The mattress I had did not reach to the top of the bottom board on the headboard. We fixed that easily enough by trimming the headboard legs down 5 inches.
Especially when the hubs carried it out and fixed it for me. <3 font="">3>
Now to get the whole room together. The idea I was given is a lime green accent wall and lime green shelves to show off his Lego collection. That will have to take place in the spring as well. Thinking it will look great though and really show off the bed. Until
then we have this look.
~ Joyful Discoveries