Friday, January 17, 2014

A Bench for the Big Girlie


So the girlie is 2 and of course potty training is in full swing!
Also needed is a way to store those pull-ups and
be able to reach the water to wash our hands.


Hey, it's a 2-in-1 deal!

Of course like almost all my projects, 
the plans came from Ana White






I measured just to be sure and the pull-ups fit great!

I first measure and cut all pieces of wood.
I wanted to paint a picture on this stool so I also
painted all pieces before assembly.



I rubbed pencil on the backside of the message
I wanted to imprint on the wood so I could paint
within the lines. It was light enough to paint over 
but dark enough to see.

and of course when I started drawing on wood...
my little helper decided that was
something she needed to to try as well.


When all pieces were completed with graphics
I was able assemble the stool. I searched on-line
for many different images and stool ideas. I took a 
number of different ones and came up with this.




I'm pretty happy with the results and it looks so much better 
than that ugly construction stool that we were using. ;)





~ Marlene Luchies
Joyful Discoveries

No comments:

Post a Comment