Thursday, April 29, 2010

Charge It Sation


So with all the power cords and items that are needing charging around our house these days I needed something that would keep them hidden and out of the way. I had seen some great ideas on-line that others had done to take a break box and transform it into a charging station. Last week I found myself at Goodwill with a friend and stumbled upon this break box on half-price day. Well for $2 I could give it a whirl and see if I could actually make it work. The only thing I'm concerned about at the moment is the fact that charging items can make them quite hot and there have been instances where they have caught on fire. I will be cutting out the back and putting something less flamable as s shelf  inside to keep that from happening. So not completlely finished. I still need to paint the inside. I will make that white so it is easy to see.


Once the painting and cutting are done it will be ready to stick on the shelf and do it's job, hide my cords and charging items. I also bought myself this nice little extension cord that should sit nicely for more outlets to plug into. The front is basically finshed except for a clear finish to seal it all. I'm looking forward to getting it done and put into use.

No comments:

Post a Comment