Thursday, June 17, 2010

Canada Day is Coming!




Yes I LOVE Canada Day!

I think it has something to do with the fact that my mom and dad immigrated to Canada when they were teens and I am first generation Canadian, Dutch-Canadian that is. I love my country and all that it is and has to offer our familly. We always take the time to make a BIG celebration out of Canada's Birthday.

So since I was needing a break from my lockers project, I decided to try a new project that help us celebrate Canada Day.

On the site knock-off wood they have a great piece done that is so very American but I got to thinking... How can I make one of these for myself? and of course it has to be with Canadian content. The size was alos a very large piece so I cut it down to 24"x24" , a little less than half.

Here is what it looked like once I assembled the pieces.



It will beautiful hanging on my porch for our party.

1 comment: