Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Shopping for WOOD!

Oh I am truly excited and feeling a little like a kid in a candy shop, no wait... that is a woman in a lumber store. I could smell the saw dust when the cuts were being made and almost see the fnished project appearing before my eyes. Giddy? Absolutely. I cannot wait to start and was almost disappointed when my husband said he wanted to do this with me. Silly me. ;)  We will have tons of fun putting this one together and there are many more projects that I can do on my own. Besides having him help me on the first one will likely mean less mistakes, less wasted time and money and a beautiful project we did together.

Here is the spot where the lockers will go. The top of the locker is what you see on the ground out 24" from the wall where the base will end.


Got the fab plans from this site. I find myself having to visit ana-white at least once every other day. I have so many plans and projects that I want to start. So I will post you the before and after pics and let me know what you think. Really I can't wait to see what it will look like since I have modified them to fit my front mudroom.



Thought I could start building the lockers today but maybe I can start another project instead? I might need to do some searching for some extra wood lying around and see what I can come up with for todays "need to build" fix. Might try the distressed bench which look quite easy. Check out Ana's site and let me know what catches your eye!

1 comment:

  1. Oops! I shouldn't have clicked on that link! LOTS of neat ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete