Thursday, January 20, 2011

Monogrammed Crates - tutorial


I needed to find a way to identify the crates for each of my children. I had a number of different ideas that I came across, but most were of a material that would get wet / ripped off / .....


After adding furniture tacks to a recent project I thought they would be just the ticket for this project.


I began by choosing a font that would have a little shape to it.
Unfortunately at the moment I cannot remember the same of that said font.


I enlarged it to fit on one page each, a size that would work with the size of my crates.  

  

I centered each page on the crate and then added the furniture tacks along the lines of each letter. Once they were stuck down I pulled the paper away and nailed the tacks in.

  
  

I enjoyed putting this project together.
Also the kids thought it was great to see their letter materialize on their crate.

Now, if it gets them to put their boots and shoes away I will be thrilled!


~ Marlene

No comments:

Post a Comment