Monday, January 17, 2011

Tiles are on the locker base!


This was my first attempt at tiling EVER.

I have had this locker project that I want to complete and it has taken on a life of its own. I began with the simple plans that Ana White posted on the Braden Entryway system. Not so simple with all the changes that I have made.

I decided that I wanted to tile the bench part and add crates underneath as shoe storage. This weekend was the tiling part of the project. I read/googled what I could and then gathered my materials.

The tiles fit very well and there was little cutting that needed to be done.
However, I made sure to lay all the tiles out first before I put any adhesive down or made any cuts.



A ready to use adhesive called AcrylPro that I found at Home Depot.


Also some spacers to make sure that my tiles lie straight and are evenly spaced.
These spacers was 1/8".



I also had a chance to learn how to use a wet saw for the first time.
That is a story all in itself for another day.

Everything went extreemly well until I came to the end and realized that
I was just short of adhesive and could not finish the last two rows.

Yes, that's right!


Here's to keeping it real!


Ah well tomorrow is another day.

Marlene

No comments:

Post a Comment